Learn valuable test automation skills from scratch and land a job as an SDET through our hands-on UI Automation Testing Bootcamp.
Change your Career Trajectory
This bootcamp is great for any tester who wants to grow in their career by gaining test automation skills, or anyone with a technical background looking to become a Software Developer in Test(SDET)
Learn from Industry Experts
Learn from testing experts who have a track record for coaching and developing software testing talent at all levels.
Make professional connections and be considered for a job opportunity with QualityWorks as a Software Developer in Test.
Gain Invaluable Test Automation Skills
ABOUT THE BOOTCAMP
10 weeks of hands-on training
We’ve spent the last decade refining the way we train to create a unique, quality-driven approach to teaching. Classes are held on Saturdays with assignments and supplementary materials provided during the week.
Perfect Learning Pace
Geared toward upskilling individuals with testing and IT backgrounds who are looking to add UI Test Automation to their toolkit. Limited coding background required.
Led by industry experts
Learn from industry experts who have a track record for coaching and developing software testing talent at all levels.
What you will learn:
- Introduction to Test Automation and What to Automate: Gain an understanding of what it takes for an automation project to be successful. Learn how to create a test automation strategy, choose the right tools based on your project, optimize and scale your automation project, select the right scenarios to automate and an overview of Continuous Integration and its role in test automation.
- Locator Strategy and Page Objects: Learn the secrets to finding the most reliable locators. Gain an appreciation for the structure of a webpage through an introduction to HTML, and CSS as well as using Chrome developer tools. Get familiar with the architecture and design of page objects and their recommended practices.
- WebdriverIO Framework: Get hands-on with the WebdriverIO framework. Learn how to set up, run and maintain stable WebdriverIO tests. Get familiar with the dependencies, commands, assertions, element interactions and wait strategies that the framework offers. Gain an understanding of techniques to write efficient tests, perform cross-browser testing and create custom commands.
- Cypress Framework: Deep dive into the Cypress framework by getting hands-on with the core principles and patterns of the framework. Explore the video recording, screenshot, selector playground, custom commands and dashboard features. Get familiar with the dependencies, commands, assertions, element interactions and wait strategies that the framework offers.
- Project: Use all the concepts learnt to showcase your new skill. Select one of the frameworks taught to create robust, reliable automation for a website. Get hands-on, and put your new skill into practice.
- Must be looking for new career opportunities as an SDET
- Must live in Jamaica
- Must have an interest in software testing and test automation
- Already understand the fundamental principles of testing
- Must be willing to commit to the full 10-week program
- A laptop, OS X, Linux or Windows that you can install software on and connect to wifi with
- A strong, stable internet connection that allows you to connect and participate in the bootcamp
- A headset so that you can collaborate with fellow attendees and the instructors
- Must be a Quality Assurance Professional/ Software Tester with at least 1 year of experience, OR have at least 2 years of experience in a professional capacity as a:
- Software Developer or Programmer
- Business Analyst
- IT Product Owner
- IT Project Manager
- Scrum Master
- Software Engineer
- This bootcamp is great for any tester who wants to grow in their career by gaining test automation skills, or anyone with a technical background looking to become a Software Developer in Test(SDET)
- Build in-demand testing skills to prepare you for top-paying jobs in tech while developing professional connections.
- Learn from industry experts who have a track record for coaching and developing software testing talent at all levels.
- Be considered for a possible job opportunity with QualityWorks Consulting Group as an SDET.
- Classes are held on Saturdays with assignments and other materials given during the week
Is learning test automation right for you?
Test Automation is used to aid teams to increase the depth and scope of tests to help improve software quality. If you already have testing or IT experience then this is the perfect opportunity to try out Test Automation. Watch the video below to learn more about why you should learn test automation.
10 Weeks of Training
10 weeks of hands-on training to build your test automation skills. Get immersed in content to start your test automation journey, and upskill your knowledge of programming, identifying what to automate and creating test automation frameworks from scratch.
Designed for Early Career Testers/IT Professionals
Great for any tester/IT professional who wants to grow in their career by gaining test automation skills and become a Software Developer in Test(SDET). Lessons are created to allow for the introduction and overtime building of testing skills
100% online instruction and activities with live sessions led by instructors. With a computer and internet access, you can join and get started with test automation. Classes are held on Saturdays with assignments and supplementary materials given during the week.